14 April 2014

bunny vs bird

This is a true story. In my husband's family they don't have the Easter Bunny. This is because my husband's grandparents were both biologists who objected to the idea of an egg-bearing rabbit on the grounds that "rabbits don't lay eggs".

Instead, they were visited by the Easter Bird, whose anatomy was more suited to the production of egg-shaped chocolate. On Easter Sunday, Grandfather would go out into the garden to search for signs of this shy but reliable creature and sure enough, the gruff caws of the Easter Bird would soon be heard echoing around the house. And when the children went out into the garden the trusty bird would have laid little clutches of chocolate eggs for them.

This tradition continues to the present day, so now when we stay with my in-laws at Easter the kids listen out for the cries of the Easter Bird (which always seems to arrive just as my husband is out looking for him in the garden) early on Easter Sunday. I think my children quite like having a different chocolate courier to everyone else although I suspect mainly they like getting the chocolate and don't really care who delivers it.

Fortunately, our Papercharms pack contains both bunny AND bird shapes to satisfy every degree of Easter pedantry. And whoever delivers your chocolate, have a happy Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment